1) Pumpkin ice cream: anyone that follows me on twitter (ct_foodisfun) knows about this obsession. So luscious, spicy, and scrumdelicious. I cannot get enough! I’m partial to Swensen’s (v. old skool, I know) but you can go fancified (Humphrey Slocombe) or budget-friendly (Trader Joe’s) if you prefer. Try squishing a scoop between two snickerdoodles. Yum!
2) Tablehopper: For those of you not in the know, Marcia Gagliardi, aka the Tablehopper, produces a weekly e-column about all things dining-related in San Francisco and beyond. What do I like best about her? You can email her about where to take your grandma to lunch downtown or where you should take your finicky, food-obsessed friend for out of this world pho and she’ll reply to you with the best option.
3) The Richmond: Have you been to the Richmond lately? If not, you are missing out. My fave spots are Royal Market & Bakery, Kamei , and Richmond Produce. I’m also into the salsa lessons on Monday nights at the Rockit Room. Oh, and I don’t live in this neighborhood. I actually make it a point to go.
4) Mexican Hot Chocolate: I’ve been making tons of Abuelita hot chocolate over the past month. Use whole milk, a dash of vanilla, and cayenne pepper (TIP: start out with just a tiny pinch of the pepper it can quickly overwhelm the drink).
5) My Rosemary Christmas “Tree”: Here’s the thing, I was not going to decorate this year. It has been mad crazy at work and I wasn’t feeling very holly jolly. However, this cute little tree has really put me in the holiday frame of mind. Who cares if it’s a bit Charlie Brownish?!? It’s bite-sized (which is the right size for my little abode) and smells delicious. I love looking at it while I tap tap tap away on the laptop. And when it dries, I can add the leaves to my Bolognese. Twofer!
Up next week: An easy entertaining recipe, my kitchen sink tapenade. It makes a great accompaniment to a cheese platter.
Subscribe to my Blog
Did you know you could get my blog updates sent to directly to your email? I only post once a week and I’m a firm believer in privacy so you don’t need to worry about email overload or spam. Just enter your preferred email in the box to the right under the “Email subscriptions” heading and you’ll get my weekly dose of culinary musings, tips, tricks, and
easy recipes delivered to your inbox.